Today, International Pay It Forward day, do a good deeds for someone else without asking for anything in return. Instead the recipient should be instructed to pay it forward to someone else in need. The difference we can make is phenomenal
Here’s some ideas:
- At a drive through, pay for the car behind’s meal.You could do this at the train station, at a coffee shop – anywhere.
- If it is raining, give your umbrella to someone who does not have one. (it might be worth taking a spare one with you
- Visit an elderly neighbour’s house and ask them if they need to have anything they need repaired.
- Donate some money to your favourite charity – perhaps collect some donation money from people at work.
- Tell the manager of a restaurant how great your server was. This can happen in any store / business you visit. Aim at brightening someone else’s day
- Top up other people’s parking metres to stop them getting a fine.
- If you are washing your own car or mowing your own lawn, do the same for your next door neighbor
- At your office, thank the “little people”. Everyone’s part is essential and no one’s job is purposeless. Thank the mail guy, the girl who cleans, or the door person.
- Be a mentor for someone who needs some support.