Thursday, June 17, 2010

Currently reading



Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver has a simple message: eat local, organic, seasonal food. Similar to The Ominivore's Dillema by Michael Pollan and Food, Inc. but it's good to be reminded that eating cheap food doesn't taste as good, is not as nutritious, and is bad for everyone. There are essays written by her husband and her daughter, recipes, and weekly meal plans. It's a good read and has kept my bedside lamp on after Max has already turned his off to go to sleep. I feel a renewed desire to buy more from the farmer's market - even if it does cost more. And I'm intrigued about the possibility of making my own cheese.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I read this book, ordered the cheese making kit but it has sat untouched for a year! Just one of those things I will get to eventually. Try it and let me know how it goes.