Thursday, September 10, 2009

Post race eats

Missy and I finished the Rock and Roll Half Marathon around 10am. After the finish line there was bananas, popsicles and other snacks but that seemed to only tide us over temporarily. By 11:30am, we were thinking about lunch.

On Olivia's recommendation, we went to Mahi Mah's. It was a little crazy because of all the other runners there but the food was good. Max and Missy shared the rainbow sushi and we all had the buffalo shrimp. Missy and I both had the seafood platter with shrimp, scallops, crab cake, tilapia, green beans, and mashed potatoes. Max had the tuna burrito.



After a long walk back to the hotel and a nap, Missy and I were ready for some more food and some drinks. Using the Urban Spoon app on my iPhone, I found Pacifica. Not a lot of pictures because we ate everything before I could... but that should tell you something! :) We ordered the cheese plate (the blue cheese was too strong for me but I loved the other ones), the goat cheese & mixed olives w/ roasted peppers & grilled bread (and extra bread), the Ahi au poivre w/ avocado oil & balsamic (which Max loved because it was heavy on the pepper), and the crab & sweet corn fritters w/ spanish remoulade. For dessert, smores!





We also went to Dairy Queen for some Blizzards. It was a good day.

No comments: