Sunday, September 28, 2008

CSA week 17



Onions, swiss chard, mustard greens, eggs, tomatoes, one pear, two apples, three carrots, radishes, potatoes and beets. This is the third week in a row that we received beets from our CSA. After giving them away twice, I thought I would try to do something with them this week because we might be getting them again next week... and wouldn't it be better if we could eat them somehow? So I roasted them. Stained my hands in the process.



We haven't eaten them yet so the verdict is still out but I also have this chocolate beet cake recipe that I've been interested in trying for years. The beet puree is used to sweeten and moisten the cake. Might make that on Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...roast the beets and then cold pickle them for a week before using them in a salad or a relish. Eeeeexcellent.

e