Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just getting started

IMG_4714 IMG_4715

Now imagine five balls of yarn... and knitting them all together to create a worsted weight yarn. Yes, they're all wearing yarn bras. They're a little tangled but nothing as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm making a hat - yes, another hat. This might be the last one for awhile since the warm weather is coming but I guess that remains to be seen. This one is for a coworker. I'm using the Asminah's hat pattern, with the same alteration as before. After one night of knitting, I've already completed the ribbing and 13 pattern rows. It took me a long time to get this one started but it should be done by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you love your ball winder?
I went to check one out a month or two ago, and the ladies at the store wouldn't let me play with it. They "showed" me how it worked, but wouldn't let me really do anything.
I just love the little yarn cakes that they make though :)