Sunday, April 06, 2008

Cherry Blossoms

My bestfriend Kristina visited me this weekend. She flew in on Thursday night and I had Friday off so we got to sleep in the next day. Took us awhile to get going but eventually we did some gardening in my backyard and planted the Siberian Iris bulbs and Balloon Flower roots that I bought at Costco last week. Her parents arrived in town just as we were finishing up and eating lunch but then we had to leave for our spa appointment. We all had dinner together that night and Kristina opened presents. My present to her was the Stardust scarf.

On Saturday, we had another friend in town, Susan from ISB, who met us at Lucky Three for dim sum and then joined us downtown on our tour of the cherry blossoms. It was such a beautiful day, warm and sunny and lots of catching up.



There were also tulips!



Susan had other dinner plans and Kristina's parents headed home but we still had company for dinner. We ended up eating with Kristina's friend who lives in DC. After dinner, her friend had to leave to meet other friends. The three of us watched Meet the Robinsons.

Driving Update
On Sunday I went driving in the rain, with Kristina, talking, to the grocery store. Not something I wanted to do but it was fine. We made waffles and had mimosas for brunch, then Kristina and I looked at her pictures from Australia while Max studied. Then it was time to go to the airport. The weekend went by really quickly. I was sad when Kristina left but then we talked for an hour after she landed on her drive home.

No comments: