Thursday, July 26, 2007

Homecoming dinner



Before Max left for China, I asked him if he wanted me to make him for his homecoming dinner on Monday. He asked for the Heirloom Tomato Tart. It's one of his favorites but usually it's so hot in the summer, he doesn't want me to make the house any hotter by baking anything and so we don't have it very often. I used store bought pesto instead of making it fresh and Sargento mozzarella instead of fresh... and it was wonderful. The ripe heirloom tomatoes are the key, taste great and look beautiful.

For dessert, I made Blueberry Pound Cake from the New Moosewood Cookbook. What's that saying about the way to a man's heart is through his stomach?

:)

3 comments:

Liz G. said...

I may have to make that for my hubby sometime. I personally don't like tomatoes - but he'd love it!! Pesto, Mozzarella and tomatoes - he'd be in heaven!

Kateln said...

I'm hungry just looking at that tart! Mmmmmm...heirloom tomatoes...

SwissKnits! said...

Mmmm that looks perfect for a 3 H day - Hazy, Hot & Humid. Maybe with a little Gazpacho? I e-mailed the recipe to myself for this next week.
Beautiful pictures on your blog, and thanks for visiting mine.