Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Recreational softball

Totally out of character, I signed up for my company's softball team. I haven't played since I was 11 and I was terrible then. The first game is on Tuesday and I'm really nervous. Will I be able to hit the ball? Will I be able to catch the ball? Is the ball going to hit me? Ugh.  So last night I went to Target and bought a glove, a softball, a pair of youth's large batting gloves (because I don't want calluses) and a pair of sports sunglasses. I'm going to the nearby batting cages with a friend today and plan to play catch with Max this weekend.

Why am I doing this? Well, I know I need to get more exercise and this will ensure that I do. Also, it's a good way to get to know some people at work that I don't know very well or hardly at all. Admirably goals but I still feel like I'm crazy for signing up. Ugh.  Wish me luck. Please.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck! I could never hit a baseball until I started playing tennis. The trick is to 'keep your eye on the ball,' meaning to watch the ball while you swing, Watch it all the way in to the bat.