Friday, March 16, 2012

Fall Tartlets

Max and I had some friends over for dinner in the fall and I made some appetizers using my mini muffin pan and the ingredients I had in my fridge. I had my doubts but they were a resounding success! One friend even had one after dessert. Not sure I can replicate them but here's an approximation of what went into them:

Pie dough

8 oz cream cheese
1 to 1-1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup carrot puree
1/4 cup sweet potato puree
1 egg
1/4 cup condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
1/4 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper as desired

Roll out the dough, cut circles and fit into the mini muffin pan. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.

For the filling, whip everything together until the mixture is fairly even. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Fill the tartlet shells all the way to the top. There might be some leftover filling. They will puff up a bit.  Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the crust is browned and the tartlets are cooked through. Cool and serve.

Makes at least 24 mini tarts

No comments: