Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Mardi Gras Rock n' Roll Half Marathon

On Sunday, Max and Slav and I completed the Mardi Gras Rock n' Roll Half Marathon in New Orleans. Slav came in first, then Max and then me. I finished with a time of 2h48min. Longer than my first half but the circumstances were completely different.

It was 45 degrees when we started at 7am. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt and capri pants. Was I cold? Definitely! But I warmed up soon enough and the miles started rolling by. The three of us stayed together for a little while but I had a hard time keeping up with the boys and by the end they were well ahead of me. I managed to continue running without stopping until the 10 mile mark but after that I had to walk a little and run a little to keep on going. My legs just wouldn't cooperate. But my mind was strong and I managed to sprint into the finish. It was a good run, great scenery, and the weather was beautiful. Sunny and warm by the time I crossed the finish line, definitely the best day of the entire trip.

No comments: