Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Knitting Badges

I was never a Brownie or a Girl Scout but with the new series of Cast On, here's my chance to earn badges!


The “Knitting Whilst Under the Influence” Badge: As a new knitter, I went to my friend Erin's house for a Stitch n' Bitch. There was knitting, but also lots of talking, snacking, and of course, drinking. Did I have to frog what I had knitted because I drank too much? Nah, what I had knit was "close enough" and I was still a beginner knitter (and the very though of undoing a stitch was painful). Fun times!


The “MacGyver” Badge (Level One):
I have used paper clips, hair ties, rubber bands, and miscellaneous circular objects as stitch markers; bamboo skewers with beads on the end and pine dowels with buttons on the end as knitting needles; and safety pins as stitch holders.



The “Proselytize Knitting” Badge: Talking about knitting in a positive light is a no brainer... I usually find a way to work it into most conversations, whatever the situation.


The “I’ve Been Rejected by a Knitting Magazine” Badge: Pattern rejected from Knitty? Check. I don't want to say what because I'm going to try again.

No comments: