Thursday, November 02, 2006

Not so pretty in pink

Is it just me or is this pattern wrong? It says place marker... and then many times after tells you to knit until marker. And never does it say to move the marker. But then all the increases aren't in the center and one side has 19 stitches and the other side has more and more. Or is it supposed to be like this? Erin? Harriet? Damn free patterns. Never really sure if I can trust them. Does anyone have contact information for Gayle Bunn? Maybe I could ask her. Or maybe I need to start over using a different pattern.

This project will be on hold until I figure it out.

Edited to add: I think Trish is absolutely right. And such an obvious answer. MI before the marker. Why couldn't the pattern be more clear? Anyone else agree?

2 comments:

Trish said...

I think you are supposed to do the M1s before the marker and keep the marker right before the center stitch. The increases should be symmetrical.

This pattern doesn't seem to be very easy to understand.

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Glad you and Trish figured it out. It's not well-worded, for sure. Adding "before" helps so much. I would've used two markers to bracket that center stitch as a reminder. Good luck! : )