Monday, November 06, 2006

Matching set: part 2

Here's the matching hat:

Cashmerino hat

Max took the picture for me - thanks Max!

I loosely based it on the Tycus pattern, though only using one strand and casting on 22 stitches. There are about 3 triangles. When I was done I realised it was too short but since I had already ripped it out three times before deciding on this pattern, I didn't want to do it again because I was afraid I might ruin the texture of the yarn. I think 25 or 26 stitches would have been perfect. Instead, I picked up stitches around the bottom and knit a few rows of garter stitch, then cast off. It covers my ears and almost covers my eyebrows, which you might think it too long but everyone seems to think it's really cute... so for me, it's just right.

Didn't even use a whole ball of yarn! I'm saving the leftovers for part 3 - mittens.

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Very clever knitting! And it does look cute. : )