Monday, January 14, 2013

Australia

My husband and I just returned from a two week vacation in Australia. We had an amazing time!

We flew into Melbourne on New Year's Eve and were there for three days going on a hot air balloon ride, seeing the little penguins on Phillip Island and driving along the Great Ocean Road. We went to Cairns next, the Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas and stayed in the Daintree Rainforest at Silky Oaks Lodge for days with a snorkeling excursion to the Great Barrier Reef. Then onto Ayer's Rock for two days, during the heat wave, where we chose not to climb Uluru but did the 12 km base trek instead. Our last stop was Sydney for three days and then we flew home, arriving Saturday night.

I'll elaborate more once I've conquered my jetlag... 14 hours ahead is a huge difference!

Melbourne

No comments: