Monday, July 11, 2011

Midnight in Paris

Just went to the movies with a friend to see Midnight in Paris. It was wonderful. The scenery, the music, the language... all so Paris. Can't believe it's been almost 9 years since Max and I were there. Keep wishing we would go back, tonight more than ever!

So many writers and artists from the 20s came to life... the Fitzgeralds, Ernest Hemingway, Picasso, Dali, T.S. Eliot - along with the costumes and scenes of that time - it was exciting!

Owen Wilson was funny but still believable. And I love how they point out (again and again) that though people are never happy in the present, the past is no more creative, easy or perfect than the present.

I'm not really a fan of Woody Allen so this is EASILY my favorite of all his movies. Watch it for yourself and let me know what you think.

No comments: