Saturday, May 28, 2011

Utah sky


Last week I was in Kansas. This week, Utah.

I spent the week at the Salt Palace (convention center) mostly on business but yesterday I was able to go out to see the Great Salt Lake with a friend of mine from high school who lives in town. It was very peaceful and the snowcapped mountains made it very beautiful, especially when the tips were touched by sunlight. We got into the lake for a bit and saw that there were tons of brine shrimp (sea monkeys) swimming around in the water. For dinner we went to a Himalayan restaurant - yummy! The picture above I took around 9pm as the sun was setting.

I'm about to head home and I can't wait! I miss Max and going two weeks without him is too much... talking on the phone and Skype are just not enough. I'm grateful for the long weekend that will still give us two full days of quality time.

1 comment:

Grinling E Gibbons said...

That is a beautiful sunset! Hope you are having a great Memorial day holiday.