Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Reds Bistro & Wine Bar

I met my friend Karen from university for dinner while I was in Toronto. We went to Reds Bistro & Wine Bar.


To start, we shared the Seared East Coast Sea Scallop, Pan Roasted House Made Bacon, Sweet Pea Puree, Foie Gras And Scallop Boudin, Carrot Relish. Biggest scallop ever. So tasty!


Karen had the Chilled Maritime Lobster Salad with Sweet Peas, Buttermilk Creme Fraiche, Shallot and Mint Vinaigrette, Smoked Ham Hock Terrine.


I had the chicken. Or as they called it, the Breast of Voltigeur Hen with Fennel & Garlic Crust, Smoked Bacon, Wild Mushroom Pappardelle, Roasted Chicken Marjoram Jus. It was amazing! The pasta was very good and the bacon boosted all the flavors.


For dessert I had the Burnt Butter Crepes with vanilla gelato, golden honey and warm peach compote. So good!


Karen had the Cheesecake Semifreddo with stewed cherries, almond streusel and candied almonds.


It was a great meal. Great service and we were able to talk and talk and talk. I'd definitely go there again but probably only for a special occasion... it was a little pricey!

No comments: