Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Chefs' House- George Brown College

Another great meal!

My Mom and I went to The Chefs' House- George Brown College for lunch as part of our trip to Toronto. The prices are very reasonable and the food is fantastic. The only disclaimer is that you need to be patient for your meal. Not only is the kitchen staff mostly students, but the wait staff as well.



There was freshly baked bread to start. Crusty on the outside, soft on the inside, and warm. Served with whipped butter.



I had the onion soup, which was good but a little greasy.



My Mom had the crab cake, which she seemed to enjoy very much.



For the entree, I had the house made pappardelle pasta with braised duck, parmesan and pine nuts. The pasta was fantastic!




My Mom had the grilled salmon fillet steak with feta, cucumber, and olive salad. She really liked her dish as well and completely cleaned her plate.



For dessert we both had the Ontario apple strudel with caramel sauce and cardamom ice cream. The ice cream was delicious and the strudel pastry was so light and flaky that I am sure that it must be made fresh on site.



A great meal and I would definitely go there again.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the restaurant review posts! And am suddenly NEEDING some onion soup, even if it is greasy.

Karolyn said...

Makes me crave french onion soup too. Yum!

Thanks for a great review.

~K