Monday, March 02, 2009

Lunch at Food Matters

On Saturday I met three friends, Gretchen, Laura, and Kate, for lunch at Food Matters. To my delight, the place was hopping! People were in picking up their CSA allotment for the week, having lunch, and having a drink at the bar. Although everyone had been to Food Matters at least once before, I made a few recommendations.

Laura had the soup of the day, a curried squash soup. She thought it was very good - spicy and squashy.



Gretchen, Kate and I shared the Pork Spring Rolls. I love them and they both agreed, they are SO good.



For lunch I had the Roseda Angus Beef Hamburger on Brioche with Garlic Butter, Lettuce and Onion - my favorite! Kate and Gretchen helped me with the giant mound of fries.



Gretchen had a mimosa and the Fluffy Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes with Bacon, and Whipped Butter.



Kate had the Challah French Toast with Maple Syrup, Whipped Butter, and Scrambled Eggs.



Laura had the Quiche of the Day, mozzarella and ham, with the Mesclun Salad on the side.



Everyone enjoyed their lunch and we had a good time chatting.

No comments: