Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Baby blanket

It's small, knit in fingering/DK weight yarn. Started out using leftovers from my stash but it soon became apparent that I would need to buy a few balls of yarn to finish it. Here's how it looked on Thursday before Max and I left for Marvin's graduation in Ithaca, NY:

IMG_4867

After 8 hours of driving and a trip to Knitting Etc. in Ithaca, NY to buy some Plymouth Dreambaby:

IMG_4871

Knitting at commencement:

DSC00029 DSC00030

Last night, after convocation, and a 7 hour drive home:

IMG_4919

The baby shower is on Thursday but I'm hoping to finish it tonight. I'm now working on a white outer border of 9 ridges each... and maybe a crochet edging to unite it all. I have another baby shower on June 10 and for that I'm making a baby surprise jacket. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That blue yarn looks like what Miss R's blanket is made of. Hers is a homespun of some sort. She loves it, and it's so soft. But her blankie is getting quite small. I love what you've done, and I think I may just have to add on to her blankie like you.