Monday, July 16, 2007

Odds and ends

Begging for comments
Shelly of Heathen Housewife is having a contest to win a copy of Victorian Lace Today and a giant skein of yarn. All you have to do is leave a comment to enter. Who doesn't love getting tons of comments? :)

Ravelry
I received my Ravelry invite early last week and have been on there everyday entering in my projects, uploading pictures, adding friends, joining groups, receiving comments, and having a great time! I love it. You can find me in there as Knerq.

Harry Potter

I ordered my advance copy yesterday! It should be delivered on Saturday. I can't wait to start reading it... though Max warns me that it is supposed to be sad. Well, of course it's sad! This is the last one! I'll just be knitting the Wizard Robe until it gets here.

Cellphone
My phone is dying and my contract with Sprint is up. Time to switch to a new carrier! We loved Sprint for years but then with the Nextel merger, service has gotten spotty. Any suggestions? I'm thinking about Cingular (in no small part because Max wants to get an iPhone eventually).

Gillette Vibrance
I had the same rasor for the longest time, since college I think, and it was gross and kind of sucked so finally I decided it was time to get a new one. I love my new one! I thought the vibrating would be weird and scary to use in the shower but I like it and it seems to really help get a closer shave. I've seen some negative reviews online so I guess I'll have to see if it continues to perform well.

No comments: